Acupuncture is a system of healing, which has been practiced in the Far East for thousands of years to treat people with a wide range of illnesses. According to acupuncture theory, our health is dependent on the body’s motivating energy – Qi – moving in a balanced way through channels beneath the skin. The flow of Qi can be disturbed by a number of factors, including anxiety, stress, anger, grief, poor nutrition, infections and trauma. The insertion of fine needles into the channels can stimulate the body’s healing response and help restore natural balance. As well as relief from a particular condition, many people find that it provides an enhanced sense of well-being and relaxation.
In the first appointment, the acupuncturist will assess your general state of health in order to give you the most effective treatment, by discussing your health issues, taking your pulse and looking at your tongue. You are recommended to visit your acupuncturist once a week initially. Sometimes the effects of the treatment are dramatic and only 1 or 2 treatments are required, and other patients may need treatment over several weeks.
Fiona Bullock BA (Hons) Lic Ac MBAcC
- General Osteopathic Council – Osteopathy House, 176 Tower Bridge Road, London SE1 3LU
- Institute of Osteopathy – 3 Park Terrace, Manor Road, Luton, Beds. LU1 3HM
- Sutherland Cranial College(SCC) – P.O. Box 91, Chepstow NP16 7ZS
- Stockport Acupuncture – Acupuncture with Fiona Bullock
- Back Care – The Charity for Healthier Backs
- ilovebramhall.com – Community and commercial information portal