Hypnosis is a state of mental relaxation, commonly referred to as a ‘trance state’. Hypnosis is a natural process that we all experience on a daily basis, such as when we are day dreaming or coming in and out of our sleep states.
Hypnotherapy uses hypnosis in a safe, therapeutic and positive way, allowing you to communicate with your subconscious mind. In this relaxed and receptive state, you will allow your conscious mind to rest and your subconscious mind to be alert and responsive.
You are in control at all times during the hypnotherapy and will be aware of noises etc around you, although they will not disturb you.
Hypnotherapy has been successfully used by people for a variety of conditions, ranging from treatment of phobias and unwanted behaviours, management of stress, treatment of many different health conditions (including IBS and dermatology problems) and pain management. Heather has a particular interest in using hypnotherapy to help people with chronic pain management and stress management.
Each session lasts for up to one hour (the ﬁrst session is an hour and a half, including a free half hour consultation). The number of sessions people require varies upon the individual and the condition being treated.
Heather Coppard ADCHyp GQHP
- General Osteopathic Council – Osteopathy House, 176 Tower Bridge Road, London SE1 3LU
- Institute of Osteopathy – 3 Park Terrace, Manor Road, Luton, Beds. LU1 3HM
- Sutherland Cranial College(SCC) – P.O. Box 91, Chepstow NP16 7ZS
- Stockport Acupuncture – Acupuncture with Fiona Bullock
- Back Care – The Charity for Healthier Backs
- ilovebramhall.com – Community and commercial information portal