Pilates is a mind/body conditioning exercise program that targets the deep postural muscles of the abdomen and spine to improve overall central core stability and posture. The mind and body are brought together to achieve these aims through the following eight sound principles: breathing, concentration, control, centering, precision, flowing movement, integrated isolation and routine.
Pilates puts emphasis on spinal and pelvic alignment, breathing, and developing a strong core or centre, and improving co-ordination and balance, useful for improving balance, lumbar stabilization and flexibility, lower back pain, and pelvic floor dysfunction. We offer one to one sessions either to teach you the basic principles of pilates or to help you modify your pilates technique if back problems challenge your pilates performance. Patients will be ready to find a local class or put the new techniques into their personal practice.
Dee Woodcock BSc (Hons) HCPC Reg MCSP MPOGP
- General Osteopathic Council – Osteopathy House, 176 Tower Bridge Road, London SE1 3LU
- Institute of Osteopathy – 3 Park Terrace, Manor Road, Luton, Beds. LU1 3HM
- Sutherland Cranial College(SCC) – P.O. Box 91, Chepstow NP16 7ZS
- Stockport Acupuncture – Acupuncture with Fiona Bullock
- Back Care – The Charity for Healthier Backs
- ilovebramhall.com – Community and commercial information portal