Back Pain ??
80% of people will experience back pain at some point in their lives. Back pain can be due to anything from sports injuries or repetitive movements to poor posture and sitting at a desk all day.
The most common causes of back pain are:
– Muscular spasms.
– Joint strains.
– Disc issues.
There are alot of myths surrounding disc issues, so here are some really important reminders:
– No disc ever ‘slips out’ – everything is where it should be.
– A disc issue does not mean it is for life – the chance of a disc issue causing a problem actually reduces as we age!
– 90% of lower back pain can be treated successfully without the need for invasive treatment.
– Disc degeneration is a very normal part of aging, so just because you may have a disc bulge shown on a scan, it does not necessarily mean that it is causing pain.
Here are some things that you can do now to help relieve most types of back pain:
– Keep moving!
– Studies have shown that it is much more beneficial to keep moving asbest you can, as this aids the healing process.
– Try sleeping on your side with a pillow between your knees,or on your back with a pillow under your knees.
– Sleeping on your tummy is not advised as it puts more pressure through your lower back and neck. The pillow helps to support your spine.
– Try using an ice pack on your back – make sure it is wrapped in a towel, not straight onto the skin. 10 mins ~ 3 to 4 x per day.
– You can also try alternating 5 mins heat, 5 mins cold.
If you need any further advise or help do contact us on
☎️ 0161 440 0298
Back Pain ??